The Institute aspires to attain the status of a top-notch Institution in Information Technology and Allied Fields and to emerge as an elite Research Institution by imparting futuristic quality education of Global Standards to corroborate the status of an “Institution of National Importance”.
To address problems faced by the nation and the world through the talent we nurture and the research we do.
In accordance with the provisions of the Indian Institute of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Act, 2017, the Key Objectives of the Institute are as under:
- to emerge amongst the foremost institutions in information technology and allied fields of knowledge in the global context;
- to advance new knowledge and innovation in information technology and allied fields to empower the nation to the forefront in the global context.
- to develop competent and capable youth imbued with the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship with the social and environmental orientation
- to meet the knowledge needs of the country and provide global leadership in information technology and allied fields
- to promote and provide transparency of highest order in matters of admission, appointment to various positions, academic evaluation, administration and finance.
- To provide an education that transforms students through rigorous coursework and by providing an understanding of the needs of society and industry.
- To train teachers capable of inspiring the next generation of engineers, scientists and researchers
- To operate in an ambience marked by overriding respect for ability and merit.